Wood-Roasted Lobster Recipe
This lobster comes out juicy and wood roasted to perfection. A great treat for a special occasion!
- 6 lobsters, weighing about 1½ pounds each
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 dried red chiles, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 lemons
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large red chiles, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley6 lemon wedges
Place lobsters face down on a board. Use a sharp pointed knife to split them down the center. Remove the little sac found near the head. Crack the claws so that you can easily pick the flesh out when the lobster is cooked.
Season the flesh of the lobsters with salt, pepper and dried chile, sprinkle with oregano, and squeeze over the juice of 2 lemons. Place on baking sheet or free-standing grill and roast in 475° F wood fired oven for 15 minutes. The shell of the lobster should turn red and the flesh should gently brown.
Mix the oil with the chopped fresh chile and parsley, then add a tablespoon of lemon juice. Drizzle this sauce over each lobster. Serve with lemon wedges.
Buon appetito from Los Angeles Ovenworks!